Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why India?

I've been asked why I chose to go to India of all the places in the world.
It's almost hard to explain because I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to go to India...
The weather is nice (at least when I'm going), the people are nice, the food is awesome, there are monkeys and camels and elephants and tigers, it provides with any & every extreme that exists, and I've always wanted to be there.
Those that don't know me quite as well aren't aware of my "Indianness." Whether I was Indian in a past life, or I'm transethnic...?...and Indian on the inside and American/Danish-German-Scotch Irish on the outside, I don't really know. But I is the way I is. I cook Indian food, I listen to Indian music, I watch Indian movies, and I love Indian people. There are other places that I'm interested in as well, this one is just stuck in there deeper. I took a look at the other places that CCS provides volunteer opportunities and thought ooooh wouldn't that be cool, but anything other than Delhi wasn't even a consideration for this trip. I'd love to go to Morroco or South America but India is top of the list.
I want to see if when I get there I feel like I'm where I should be, for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment